When I was young and naive, I thought that when I had my own family, we'd solely do homemade gifts. None of this consumerism. None of this running around or clicking around. Then...when I found myself with a family, that thought went out the window. And here I am, nine years later, making homemade gifts for the first time. And they aren't even for my own family! They are for my daughter's friends! (insert crying laughing emoji). How did I get roped into this? #suckerforamom
Anywho, my dear friend gave me some Terrasoul Raw Cacao Butter and I didn't know what to do with it so I went to the ol' Google and found this recipe from Navitas Organics.
WHIPPED BODY BUTTER
- 56g Cacao Butter
- ¼ cup unrefined coconut oil
- ¼ cup sweet almond oil
- ¼ tsp. favorite essential oil (optional)
- Melt cacao butter, coconut oil and almond oil in a saucepan over low heat.
- Pour into a mixing bowl and place in the refrigerator until mixture begins to harden, about one hour.
- Add essential oil, if using, then whip with an electric mixer on high until light, fluffy peaks form, scraping the sides periodically with a spatula.
- Let the mixture cool completely. Spoon into a glass jar, cap and store at room temperature.
Easy peasy, lemon squeezy. Oh yeah, that's something I've picked up since being a mom. I'm so embarrassing.
Click here to see me literally whip it up in a flash!